Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday Evening Sessions - August 2020
Similar to Dave's comedy workshops at The Improv comedy clubs, we focus on writing original comedy material and the comedy / entertainment business. AND - like our workshops - this is a group effort.
In other words, our online comedy workshop is not a webinar or a podcast with one person (me?) talking and everyone else listening. These are interactive sessions where all eight members can see, hear and collaborate with each other. Dave will facilitate (I like that designation - ha!) while each workshop member creates original comedy material, participates in discussions, and works together to help take your comedy or public speaking material and career to the next level.
Standup Comedians, Public Speakers, Comedy Writers
And in case you missed the highlighted number above, this online workshop is limited to no more than eight members. Here's how it works:
- Each online workshop group meets once a week for four weeks.
- Each weekly session is 90 minutes. Focus is on writing and the comedy / speaking business.
- We use Zoom.us for meetings. This is a free app - so group members do not need to purchase a license.
- Each of the workshop members will be emailed a private link to join the workshop prior to start time.
- This is an interactive workshop - meaning members will see and hear each other to work together.
- Workshops are a writer's group format that collaborates as a supportive creative team.
- Opportunities to share and critique performance videos.
- Private Facebook Group for members to share ideas & suggestions, opportunities for stage time and helpful advice.
* Note to Toastmasters members: I've always enjoyed working with TM speakers and understand the difference between public speaking and standup comedy. It isn't always easy to incorporate humor into your speeches - and is a skill set that goes beyond writing great speeches. If you want to add humor to your speeches and really get people laughing, the Wednesday evening workshops are the ones to attend. Not only will you learn humor writing techniques, but you can practice with us and get feedback from your fellow Toastmasters.
Online Interactive Comedy Workshops via Zoom
"Thanks again for hosting the workshops! They're super helpful and I'm having fun!" - Chris D.
"Thanks for a great workshop. Really enjoyed myself! Great fun and to get the creative juices running! And a wonderful group of peers. You did a great job of creating a non-threatening, fun atmosphere. So thanks for being you!" - Joan S.
"Just wanted to send you a little note to let you know that I am really enjoying the comedy workshop. I am noticing that I am looking at EVERYTHING and thinking to myself... "Hmmm... now how can that evolve into something humorous?" Thank you for enabling me to develop this new way of thinking!" - Yvonne B. (Toastmaster)
"I enjoyed the workshop and certainly plan on signing up again. The feedback from peers was important and made me realize the importance of writing on a regular basis. Thanks and keep laughing!" - Tom G.
"I learned a lot and I enjoyed being in the creative energy. :))" - Mary Anne B. (Toastmaster)
"I enjoyed the class. It was good to meet other comedians working on their craft like me." - Tori D.
Register Now For Online Comedy Workshops!
Total cost for the online comedy workshop is $50 and includes four sessions totaling six hours.
Workshops are limited to no more than 8 members.
Monday workshops start August 3 at 7 pm EST / also meets August 10, 17 and 31, 2020
Tuesday workshops start August 4 at 7 pm EST / also meets August 11, 18 and September 1
* Toastmasters starts Wednesday, August 5 at 7:30 pm EST / also meets August 12, 19 and Sept 2
* Please note this group of workshops will skip the week of August 24, 25 and 26 - thanks!
To register please use the PayPal link below - then see instructions (below) about contacting Dave.
Please confirm with Dave which workshop you're joining - Monday, Tuesday or Toastmasters on Wednesday - by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also please include a phone number. Dave will contact you with more details.
Thanks - and keep laughing!
CILC Award Winner
CILC stand for Center For Interactive Learning and Collaboration. Dave has been presenting online video conference comedy workshops and "Career Day" sessions about the entertainment industry for schools grades 6-12, along with communications training seminars (Humoring Your Clients) for businesses and associations through CILC for almost ten years. He is a three-time Pinnacle Award winner "for remarkable quality of educational content and exceptional skill at program delivery."
Sounds like what we're doing with this online comedy workshop - right? That's how I feel - so let's get to work!
If you have any questions or need more information about the online comedy workshop, please use the Contact link above.