Next Workshop Starts April 7 / Special Event for Toastmasters Starts April 8
Similar to Dave's comedy workshops at The Improv comedy clubs, we focus on writing original comedy material and the comedy / entertainment business. AND - like our workshops - this is a group effort.
In other words, our online comedy workshop is not a webinar or a podcast with one person (me?) talking and everyone else listening. These are interactive sessions where all eight members can see, hear and collaborate with each other. Dave will facilitate (I like that designation - ha!) while each workshop member creates original comedy material, participates in discussions, and works together to help take your comedy or public speaking material and career to the next level.
Standup Comedians, Public Speakers, Comedy Writers
And in case you missed the highlighted number above, this online workshop is limited to no more than eight members. Here's how it works:
- The online workshop will meet once a week for four weeks in a row - days and times TBA.
- The first session is for 90 minutes. The following three sessions are one hour each.
- We use Zoom.us for meetings. This is a free app - so group members do not need to purchase a license.
- Each of the workshop members will be emailed a private link to join the workshop prior to start time.
- This is an interactive workshop - meaning all eight members will see and hear each other to work together.
- This will be a writer's group format that collaborates as a supportive creative team.
- Opportunities to share and critique performance videos.
- Private Facebook Group for members to share ideas & suggestions, opportunities for stage time and helpful advice.
* Note to Toastmasters members: I've always enjoyed working with TM speakers and understand the difference between public speaking and standup comedy. It isn't always easy to incorporate humor into your speeches - and is a skill set that goes beyond writing great speeches. If you want to add humor to your speeches and really get people laughing, the workshop starting April 8th is the one to attend. Not only will you learn humor writing techniques, but you can practice with us and get feedback from your fellow Toastmasters.
Monday, March 30 at 7 pm EST is SOLD OUT.
Register Now For April 7 or April 8* Workshops!
Total cost for the online comedy workshop is $50 and includes four sessions totaling four and a half hours.
Workshops are limited to no more than 8 members.
Next workshop starts Tuesday, April 7 at 7 pm EST / 6 pm CST also meets April 14, 21 and 28
* Toastmaster's Workshop starts Wednesday, April 8 at 7:30 pm EST / 6:30 pm CST also meets April 15, 22 and 29
To register please use the PayPal link below - then see instructions about contacting Dave.
Please confirm with Dave which workshop you're joining - April 7 or Toastmasters April 8 - by sending an email to email@example.com. Also please include a phone number. Dave will contact you with more details.
Thanks - and keep laughing!
CILC Award Winner
CILC stand for Center For Interactive Learning and Collaboration. Dave has been presenting online video conference comedy workshops and "Career Day" sessions about the entertainment industry for schools grades 6-12, along with communications training seminars (Humoring Your Clients) for businesses and associations through CILC for almost ten years. He is a two-time Pinnacle Award winner "for remarkable quality of educational content and exceptional skill at program delivery."
Sounds like what we're doing with this online comedy workshop - right? That's how I feel - so let's get to work!
If you have any questions or need more information about the online comedy workshop, please use the Contact link above.